Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Friday, December 2, 2016

Trying to Get My Routine Down

Published 12/2/16, 5:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time and updated 5/30/18



I've never been one who has a lot of support around me. Two close people in my life have actually believed in me and not made it harder to get things done. Those two people have been my mother and my ex-fiance for about half of the time we were together. I noticed that "working from home" tells some family and non-family, "I'm always available to interrupt". Now that the house is empty during the days, I should be able to get things done. I just have to get my routine down again. I manage the kids getting ready and leaving the house in the mornings, search for some projects and (if no work available yet) start cleaning the house. Then I go back and forth between project searching, working, and household duties. I would love to fill the time while the kids are at school with projects. 

I can't work outside of the home. Well, I could but that would be stupid of me. My goal is to get off public assistance and that just doesn't seem like it's going to happen if I work outside the house. Daycare, after-school care, and before-school care all cost about as much as I'd earn with me having three children that need to be in it. Then there's the commute time and cost, buying all sorts of clothing and blah, blah, blah. It's honestly tiring to think of. Working from home is simplistic in comparison. The issue of time management is about the same.

I am a Jane of All Trades, Saturday's Child, or just plain old Theresa. I've worked in some fashion for as long as I can remember. I don't sit idle. If I do sit too idle, I get overly sleepy.


Actually, that happens if I'm just bored (even if doing something). I like to keep busy and have gotten myself overwhelmed a few times in the past. Although, that's usually more to do with how many appointments I have to attend in a short period of time, than the amount of work I pick up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.