Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Monday, October 7, 2024

LIFE KEEPS GOING

It's been oh-so eventful...

So I got myself in trouble trying to keep the house, which turned out to be a bit of a money pit. I should've known a 100-year-old house would be falling apart. Realistically, it needs new electrical all around. It works, but it costs too much, and good wiring tends to stay on the lower end even in this economy. Gas heating is overrated. I had gotten into a relationship with someone that could be as violent as my son. So now I have holes to fix. I let someone rent it for a short time and their kids have torn it up further. During this time I've also struggled with essential homelessness.

I started staying at a friend's to help clean up the place and care for their pet. After their husband died I started trying to sell their stuff for them. She would have succeeded in selling some things if she didn't want outrageous amounts for the age and the fact that the area is cheap. Well, they kept trying to talk me into setting a room up for the baby (I was nearing the end of a pregnancy by this point) and I didn't because I didn't feel I'd need to be there long enough to bother.  But I was there two months and nowhere near done before they said they sold the house in order to get me to move. I had given my other friend a 6-month lease in my home because I figured that's how long I would need to take care of the other's home. So here I am essentially homeless. During all of this I realized her trying to talk me into creating a baby room was for her niece who was just as pregnant as I. I cut ties because I also realize this isn't the first time she pulled shady crap like that. Offering me help and cutting it short for whatever hair got up her bottom. She tries to play my mother more than my friend regardless of the countless times I keep trying to remind people my parents passed away. 

My other friend has let her kids tear up things that were at the house before I bought it. Two very nice planters that I found cost over $200, so I'll not be able to replace them any time soon. I'm going to do what I can to fix it back up a bit and sell it at this point. I can't stand my neighbor. I don't like people who try to dictate the lives of others. That's a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.