Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Starting Over Pt 1

Since breaking up with my ex, I am temporarily staying with a very nice and helpful family until I can get back on my feet. I didn't know I had people here before this fiasco. I'm very grateful to know I have these people and more.

I almost decided to leave this area, but have had time to think rationally and decided not to. The children have too much going on here and I really don't want to start over with all their medical needs. They are also doing pretty well in these schools.

I've set some short term goals for myself: 
  1. Get work
    1. Hopefully, this goal will have a start come Labor Day. It's a temporary job, but maybe it'll become more than that. This one is out of the home and I still want some in-home work.
  2.  Counseling
    1. I started counseling because the situation that brought me to breaking up with my ex caused me a lot of mental anguish. Breaking up with him was hard for me but it's not why I needed to seek counseling. 
  3. A home
    1. Will be working on this at a later time. My boy's probation officer sounds willing and eager to help with this. 
  4. A car
    1. Will be working on this at some point. Kind of need one with me wanting my home to be basically in the middle of nowhere.



Since the break-up, the kids have been happier and I've been told I look healthier. I know I've been less stressed. The kids and I have made some great new friends and gotten out of the house more. I also have more actual help with my children. This family is pretty great. I've never had this much help and less interference.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll keep updating when I have anything to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.