Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Life is Actually Pretty Good Right Now

I complain a lot. I guess I have to have something to complain about sometimes. But I sat and thought today and my complaints are little compared to the good in my life right now.

My children and I have a place to sleep. It's not ideal, but it exists.

We have food and when we don't eat it's really our own fault. You know, looking in the cabinets and fridge and not wanting what's there is very different from something not being there.

We have a family support system. We are far from my blood family but have a chosen family here that helps where and when they can. That is such a blessing!!

Things are far from perfect and we can always strive to improve on what we have, but I feel very rich at the moment for what I do have. Not money, that would definitely be helpful, but what we have is enough. I'm actually feeling content. It's been a long time since I had this calm. Especially with it being the holidays. I always feel antsy during the holidays since my mom's passing, yet I'm very calm right now and almost looking forward to Christmas celebrations. I want to work toward visiting my brothers, though.

Anyway, this was just a short update. Stay safe and I hope that this finds anyone who reads it well. Or gives them some hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.