Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Another Loss

DO NOT WEEP 

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain. 

When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

~ Author Unknown 


Mom went January 23, 2012 of COPD.  
She would have been 62 years old just five days later.
Mrs Frances Rios used to write the Taft CommUnity newsletter that many of the elderly at the time had loved. She was also a volunteer until she started getting seriously sick. 



Manny Jr (my oldest brother) went January 5, 2016 of a heart attack. 

He would have been 46 in March of that year.


 

Damon (my 3rd brother) was pronounced dead today at 11:42 am. Damon made it on news stations. Including Fox35 and these below.

Update: Friday Feb 16, 2018 - First Baptist Church is holding a memorial service this Sunday, the 18th at 7 p.m. Potluck, asked to bring a dish to share and a canned food item for Damon’s food pantry.
He was an organ donor, his organs helped save four people's lives.



Several others I cared a lot about have passed in the last few years as well. I'm only 35. 



I feel as though I know loss way too well already. I know I'm not the only one out there, but this sucks. I cry hard for a minute and then just feel the deep sadness, or even a numbness. Well, for everyone but my mom. She was the biggest part of my life and I still cry over losing her. Some say boohoo, I know. 



I see a counselor and finally got a copy of my full evaluation. I suffer from major depression. I knew I had depression but didn't know it was considered that bad. I still get up and do what I have to out of necessity for my kids. I know some people can't do that much when they feel it hitting. I don't blame you.



Mental illness is a big deal for those that have to endure it. It is something they need to work through with help. It's not simple to cope with. Some needs meds, some don't. I'm losing my train of thought, so am just gonna leave this as is for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.