Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Family Death #4 Since 2012



On Sunday, June 24th, 2018 at 3:09pm EST SFC Manuel A Rios (1963 to 1986), passed away. He served in Vietnam (2nd Battalion, 28th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division)

He was not a perfect person. But he did take care of his family in what I assume was the way he thought best. For some of us it worked, and for others it did not. He also worked very hard until he could no longer do so because of health reasons. 

He married Frances T Manno in 1969 while she was with child and gave that child his name. With her, he had 5 additional children. At his time of death four are still living. He has also had more than 10 grandchildren. 

He took care of his wife until her death in 2012, with some assistance from his children during her last few years. After her death, his health visibly and rapidly declined. In the end, his body was no longer utilizing the nutrients from food or liquids and he had Dementia. My source for this information is my older brother, who was taking care of him.

I cried like a baby when I saw the text from my brother that my father was dead. I won't even hide that. I care about my family, even the ones I don't speak to. I hope that he has the peace in death that he couldn't have in life.


                                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.