Goodreads

Theresa's books

Roc and a Hard Place
Geis of the Gargoyle
Harpy Thyme
Demons Don't Dream
The Color of Her Panties
Question Quest
Isle of View
Man from Mundania
Heaven Cent
Crewel Lye
Golem in the Gears
Vale of the Vole
Dragon on a Pedestal
Ogre, Ogre
Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
The Book of Runes: A Handbook for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes with Stones
The Diary of a Young Girl
Eragon
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
The Hobbit


Theresa's favorite books »

Saturday, June 30, 2018

My Realization





I started this post in May 2018

I am thinking a lot today. I saw my counselor. Told her some of my feelings. She actually validated some of them rather than telling me I was wrong. She has been trying to help me use my "wise mind" more than m emotional mind to make decisions. When I open up about some of the things in my past she has told me I actually handled them well.

The fact that I raise my voice may not be good, but what I actually say isn't usually wrong. Yes I've been unable to prevent some things from happening and, although there are people that like to throw it in my face, I am human. What she keeps reiterating to me is that I am responsible for how I handle things, not how others view my way of handling them or how others react to my emotions. She's right. I need to keep myself in control and not let others influence my behavior as much.

I am realizing what I want. I want to work, but not so much that I am not being there for my family. I want to raise my own children. I don't like relying on others at all. I want to make enough to pay my bills and have what is needed without sacrificing my children's time. I don't need to go on expensive getaways. I just need enough to pay bills, get what we need, and have money to take them somewhere fun now and then that's not expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and I do not just sit at the computer all day. If you do not see your comment for a while it just means I am busy. Unless you were extremely rude.